Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Few Days in Cambria






The boyfriend and I and a couple of friends found a deal for a bed and breakfast on Living Social that came with breakfast every morning, complimentary wine tasting passes, afternoon tea and cookies, and evening hors'deurves for 3 days and 2 nights. I tend to like tropical and warm vacations, but this was a nice change from the loud and fast paced life in LA. Cambria is a tiny quiet town that is so charming and cozy. I loved that everything was pretty much walking distance, but then we drove everywhere anyways.

We stayed at Olallieberry Inn and it was the cutest inn I've ever seen. My room had a little seat near the window for you to just relax and read a book. There was NO TV, which made the boyfriend panic a little, but that gave us time to just really enjoy each other's company and catch up on a lot of reading. The town pretty much closes down at 9pm, which meant that we were back in our rooms by 10pm, so you can see how much reading I did or how early I went to sleep.

We visited Moonstone Beach and searched for moonstones unsuccessfully. It was beautiful and definitely not like the beaches in Southern California. We also went to Hearst Castle, which was an amazing grand structure that sat on top of the hills overlooking San Simeon. We went wine tasting, hiking, and saw elephant seals, so you can see how much we got done within a couple of days. I loved it there and it might not be the last time I'll go there. Maybe when I feel like I need to get out of town for a bit or I want some peace and quiet, I'll go to Cambria.














11 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful trip! And all the food looked scrumptious!
    http:/2petite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looove your blog title :):)

    want to follow each other?? xxo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these beach shots are just so beautiful!
    what fun and beautiful photographs!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beautiful pictures, esp. of the beach! I'd love to see seals just laying around like that where I love. I've always wanted to stay at a bed and breakfast! Looks like a fantastic time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow what a gorgeous way to spend a day outdoors! That scenery is purely idyllic...makes me want to run and dive headfirst into that pool...amazing shots babe!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa - is that a pool in those photos?
    www.hsinrusocialc.om

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow the place looks so breathtaking! I love the architecture. and haha wow so many seals in one place!

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That looks and sounds incredible. You must have had the best time. I agree with Izzy, the architecture is pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look so cute dear.. these picutres are so adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing weekend getaway! Bed and Breakfasts provide the perfect escape.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a fabulous weekend!

    http://www.thechicclassmate.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment please! Love reading them!

Pin It button on image hover