Friday, April 27, 2012

Foodie Friday

Small Snacks
I went to the Cherry Blossom Festival in Monterey Park and they had all of these booths selling trinkets and gifts, but what I was focusing on were the FOOD BOOTHS! How could I not?! I was drawn to the fruit tea booth (recommended by my friends) and the Tanota Takoyaki booth. Tanota Takoyaki is actually food truck that travels around LA and I was only able to catch them once or twice within the past two years. I was really happy that they had a booth at this festival. So I grabbed myself a passion fruit tea and an order of the original takoyakis. Takoyaki is a ball of fried batter with a piece of squid in the middle. It is often covered with takoyaki sauce, mayo, seaweed, green onion, and tempura scraps.

For dessert, I found a Dole Whip stand. So of course I got the pineapple soft serve. Tasted just like the one at Disneyland!






Popcorn chicken!



13 comments:

  1. how fun! everything looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this snecks and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm! the food looks so delicious! this is why i miss socal. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que my hunger! Everything look sooo delicious! I'm super jealous!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food looks so yummy! I am a new follower!

    xoxo Tina

    http://2petite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man. Literally just DROOLED at the sight of that tower of fro yo. What flavor is that, and where is it from?

    It looks INCREDIBLE.

    Such a cute blog - and the name is adorable. I'll be back!

    -Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg your post makes me so hungry!! the takoyaki is relatively cheap unlike here in my country >< the yoghurt and popcorn chicken must be awesome. i hope there is festival like that here :(



    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hum...fantastic!!!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pineapple soft serve sounds so good!

    And I just adore your creamsicle top in the post below!

    Enter to win a pair of Fantas-Eyes sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That popcorn chicken looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omgosh some of these looks delicious esp the yogurt! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment please! Love reading them!

Pin It button on image hover