Monday, January 24, 2011

VNLC Tet Festival

I participated in the Vietnamese Language and Culture Tet Festival twice while at UCLA. VNLC (Vietnamese Language and Culture organization) was a big part of my life while I was at school. The festival is an annual celebration at UCLA for the Lunar New Year. Because I graduated this past summer, I attended the festival only to watch it this year. I wanted to support the organization that taught me so much about my culture and to also support my friends. They were so adorable in their traditional Vietnamese dresses- I loved wearing mine, but I was only a spectator this year, so no dress for me!!

This year is the year of the Rabbit/Cat- Rabbit for Chinese culture and cat for Vietnamese culture. There's a story to it, but I don't wanna get into right now. It's quite long and was the basis of the festival. But anyways, it was great to see everyone and to watch the show!


Jacket: Forever21 ($13!!)
Shorts: Cotton on
Shirt: Forever21
Necklace: Gifted from Urban Outfitters
Leggings: Target
Boots: Payless
Rings: Disneyland and Forever21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment please! Love reading them!

Pin It button on image hover