Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Interview

So yesterday, I had an interview at a real estate firm. I made sure to wear my "interview clothes". I really really want this job because it is only a 10 minute drive from my house, compared to my previous job, which took me about an hour and a half each way- so that would be 3 hours total in one day! But I loved that job- all I did was sit at my desk, call banks and do random things online all day.

Anyways, my interview was about 30 minutes. They asked me a lot of those types of questions that you dread when going into an interview.

What is the biggest problem you've faced? What was your biggest accomplishment? What do you like most about yourself?

Yep. Those were a couple out of the 50 questions they asked me. Well, I may be exaggerating a bit, but it was lot of questions. I tried to be as comfortable as possible and just answered honestly, so I felt like I did pretty well. I tried to be likable and just talk to them as if I was talking to my friends.

After my interview, I went to GCC (Glendale Community College) to complete my registration. I went to talk to the drop-in counselors but the wait felt like half an hour. I just sat there until they called my name. Everyone was looking at me because I was in my interview outfit, so I looked too overdressed to be going to school. Anyways, once I got called in, I asked the counselor about whether I had to take the placement exams or not, because I've already taken math and english courses at UCLA. Once she realized that I graduated from UCLA, she made it seem as if I was like a goddess or something. She put me ahead of all of the other people with appointments to go talk to the bigger counselor. He pretty much gave me the same look when I told him I graduated from UCLA. I printed out my unofficial transcript for him to look at and I swear, he didn't look at my grades and just exempted me from certain courses at GCC and the placement exams.
Kinda good to have graduated from UCLA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment please! Love reading them!

Pin It button on image hover