Thursday, April 19, 2012

Foodie Friday

38 Degrees
This restaurant is located in Alhambra on Main St. where all of the good eateries are. They specialize in beers and burgers. They also make good entrees but if you're gonna come here, it is definitely more worth it to get a burger. Their burgers (in my opinion) are comparable to Umami burger, which are often considered the best burger in LA. Anyways, they come in many different forms, whether you want vegetarian friendly burgers, pork burgers, garlic aioli, po' boys, and so on. I had the portobello mushroom burger and it was the best one I've ever had. My boyfriend ordered the 'Menag-a-pork' and THAT was also delicious. Each burger comes with shoestring fries and their house garlic aioli. 
Who could say no to that?!


Senor Fish
Senor Fish is a seafood take on Mexican cuisine. I love how fresh all of their dishes are. I usually go to the one near my house, but I was out with friends in Little Tokyo and went to this one. Below are pictures of the shrimp tacos and the ceviche tostada. If you like seafood and Mexican food, be sure to try this out!



Mochi Adventures
So my friends and I went to Little Tokyo for one reason, and that reason was to try out as much mochi as we could. Mochi is a Japanese dessert that is made of rice flour and whatever filling it has. They are generally red bean, taro, and so on. But this was the first time I really had traditional mochi, so we stopped at a little shop that had different types and flavors of mochi. There were so many flavors that I didn't know where to start. My more knowledgeable friend recommended the 'pink one', which is actually mochi with peanut butter filling. It was actually really really good. I also really liked the chocolate hazelnut mochi. Mochi is really chewy and soft, so after a while, the shell made me somewhat full. So I was definitely ready for my favorite type to end the day......ICE CREAM MOCHI. We stopped at the last shop and it carried ice cream mochi and MOCHILATO (MOCHI and GELATO). I got to try a few flavors and I think that was my favorite stop of the day. But then again, I'm a sucker for anything ice cream. So if you guys have a day to  explore Little Tokyo, definitely try to go and experience all the mochi. Enjoy!







9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review on 38 Degrees. I've been looking for a good burger joint near work. Can't wait to try it out!! and the Mochi~ Wow .. they all look so good! I need to find some time and get out to lil tokyo! Great reviews~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Portobello mushroom burgers! I'm a vegetarian and always on the lookout for great places (especially places that my burger-loving husband will like too). Can't wait to check out 38 Degrees! Thanks for the tip :)

    Andrea
    Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks soooo good!

    http://thepetitecow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im sooooo hungry now :O
    I like your blog,I am followin you,if you want I would be glad that you come to visit my blog and follow me if you like :)
    http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, YUMMM! Everything looks beyond amazing. LOVE your blog.

    PS. We’ve a $75 Giveaway to PLNDR on our blog! Check it out, if you’d like :)

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to meet another foodie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The burger photos are making my mouth water! I tried Umami recently, but was slightly disappointed. Might have to go back and try something different next time!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment please! Love reading them!

Pin It button on image hover