Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Newport Christmas Boat Parade





















So Newport has their Christmas Boat Parade Annually and it was my first year attending it. I read an article on Yahoo a few weeks ago about the best displays of Christmas lights in the US and it turns out that Newport has a parade every year where those that participate can enter in their boats to be part of this event. They decorate their boats with Christmas lights and play music as they circle around Balboa Island. My boyfriend and I went on the last night they had the parade and just picked a spot on the beach somewhere on Lido Isle. I was ready with blankets, gloves, coats, and a thermos of hot tea for us to watch it. It was pretty fun but sadly, we missed the fireworks because from where we were on the island, we couldn't see it.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures I took of the parade and that everyone has a safe and happy holiday! Look out for some upcoming holiday posts from me!


2 comments:

  1. ahh these pics are making me excited for xmas...

    do check my new post:)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment please! Love reading them!

Pin It button on image hover